Variations of LASIK Surgery Edison
At Patel Eye Associates, we offer several variations of LASIK surgery. Providing multiple options ensures that we are able to provide our patients with the personalized care they need so they receive the best possible results. Some of the variations of LASIK surgery we offer in Edison include IntraLase LASIK and Wavefront-guided or Custom LASIK.
Choosing the Right LASIK Procedure
No two people have the exact same refractive errors with their vision. There are a variety of factors that affect your condition, including the steepness of your cornea, the thickness of your cornea, and overall eye health. In order to accommodate the unique conditions of each individual patient, a variety of LASIK variations have developed.
At your initial consultation, NJ laser eye surgeons Dr. Hitesh K. Patel and Dr. Himanshu S. Shah will conduct a thorough eye examination to determine the ideal procedure to address your unique refractive condition.
Types of LASIK
Some of the LASIK variations available today include:
- IntraLase LASIK – This procedure uses lasers instead of a microkeratome steel blade to create the corneal flap. Greater precision with less risk of complications can be achieved using IntraLase.
- Wavefront-guided or Custom LASIK – Wavefront technology creates a 3D image of your eye measurements using computer software to achieve greater accuracy and precision.
If you are not an ideal candidate for LASIK, you may still be able to correct your refractive errors using an alternative procedure. These include:
- PRK – Like LASIK, the PRK procedure uses an excimer laser to reshape your cornea. It is a good option if your corneas are too thin for LASIK. Vision improvements are more gradual with PRK than with LASIK, often taking several weeks or even months before you achieve your final results.
- LASEK – This is a newer variation of PRK. In LASEK, the epithelial layer of your cornea is lifted before the laser reshapes the inner corneal layers. It is a good option if your corneas are too thin or too steep, making it difficult to create the corneal flap needed in traditional LASIK.
- Epi-LASIK – This procedure is somewhat of a cross between LASIK and LASEK. As with LASEK, your epithelial layer is removed before your cornea gets reshaped. However, a blunt, oscillating plastic blade is used instead of the fine blade employed in a LASEK procedure. A laser is then used to reshape your cornea.
- Conductive keratoplasty (CK) – This procedure is used to correct mild hyperopia or to help improve the vision of people who have developed presbyopia as they age. It is a non-laser refractive procedure that uses low-energy radio waves to reshape your cornea.
Insurance and Payment Options
During your consultation, our team can go over the variations of LASIK surgery we offer in Edison and the cost of each treatment option. The price of your treatment will depend on the type of LASIK performed. Our team can also discuss insurance coverage and go over the financing options available to you.
How Much Does Lasik Surgery Cost?
The cost of a Lasik Surgery will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact our laser eye surgeon in New Jersey today to schedule your initial laser vision correction consultation at Patel Eye Associates, serving the communities of Edison, New Brunswick, and Middlesex County, NJ. Our team can go over the details of all the variations of LASIK surgery we offer in Edison.
Finding the Best LASIK Doctor
When the time comes to undergo a LASIK procedure, your choice of surgeon will be the most important consideration. Each surgeon is… Read More
IntraLase LASIK Is Incredibly Precise
LASIK, short for laser in-situ keratomileusis, is an incredibly precise eye surgery that is used to correct vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism … Read More