As part of our commitment to providing you with the best possible eye care, we use the most advanced technology with all of our procedures. Edison eye surgeon Dr. Hitesh K. Patel understands the importance cutting edge technology plays in the success of your eye surgery, and he has spent a great deal of time investing in the equipment necessary to deliver exceptional results.
We possess a wide variety of highly innovative technology, including:
- Cirrus OCT – This highly advanced optical coherence tomography machine enables us to produce high-definition 3D images of ocular structures, providing extremely precise detail.
- IOLMaster – This device provides fast, highly precise measurements of eye length and surface curvature. It is an integral component of our cataract treatment. Since the IOLMaster does not touch the eye, it eliminates the need for anesthesia.
- Fundus camera – This is a low power microscope attached to a camera. It provides detailed images of many of your eye structures, including the retina, optic disc, macula, and posterior pole. We regularly use the fundus camera when diagnosing eye conditions.
- Allegretto Wavelight laser – The Allegretto Wavelight is the fastest and most precise laser available for use in refractive surgery procedures. Its “PerfectPulse Technology” gives us the ability to treat a wide range of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, ensuring your refractive procedure is safe, accurate, and effective.
- YAG laser – The YAG laser is used to create a hole in your iris to relieve intraocular pressure occurring as a result of acute angle-closure glaucoma . Dr. Patel also regularly utilizes this laser when treating posterior capsular opacification, a complication associated with cataract surgery . The YAG laser ensures the highest levels of precision and safety while eliminating the discomfort associated with other treatment methods.
- Argon laser – This laser is used in the treatment of conditions such as diabetic retinopathy , retinal detachment, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
- Eyemaginations – These instructional videos explain eye diseases and the procedures performed to correct these conditions in great detail. We regularly use these videos as a form of patient education during initial consultations.
To learn more about the advanced technology offered at Patel Eye Associates, please contact our Edison ophthalmologists today to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients in Edison and Middlesex, New Jersey.