How To Choose An Eye Surgeon
When you choose to undergo LASIK vision correction surgery, and you want to work with the best ophthalmologist in or near Edison or Kendall Park, New Jersey, your search will lead you to Patel Eye Associates.
We know that your vision is too important to wager on the skills of a second-rate eye doctor.
If you have questions about LASIK surgery, please contact Patel Eye Associates online or call 732.985.5009 to schedule an appointment with one of our highly-qualified New Jersey ophthalmologists, Dr. Hitesh K. Patel or Dr. Himanshu S. Shah.
What to Consider When Choosing a LASIK Surgeon
There are several factors to consider when choosing an eye surgeon. By searching for a doctor who meets all of these criteria, you will have the peace-of-mind that your procedure will produce the exceptional outcome that you expect and deserve.
Here are three points to consider as you search for a LASIK doctor:
Eye Doctor Search Tip No. 1: Choose an eye surgeon with extensive experience in the treatment method you are considering. For instance, you might research or inquire about:
- How many times the surgeon has completed your treatment, and;
- How often the surgeon has worked with patients with your particular vision problem.
Eye Doctor Search Tip No. 2: Seek out a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist who can illuminate exactly what you should expect before and after LASIK. In order to receive board certification:
- An ophthalmologist must undergo extensive post-graduate training.
- The surgeon must pass a series of rigorous exams.
- You know that your doctor has the skills and experience necessary to deliver first-rate results.
- Here’s a checklist of issues the FDA suggests your look at when shopping for a LASIK doctor.
Eye Doctor Search Tip No. 3: Technology is key to the success of your LASIK procedure. It is important to work with a LASIK surgeon who uses the most advanced technology available to ensure that your procedure is completed with the highest degree of precision. Your eye doctor should regularly take continuing education courses to remain up-to-date in training and field techniques.
Patel Eye Associates | Experience Means Results
Patel Eye Associates is a complete ophthalmology practice, and has served the communities in and around Edison, New Jersey for years.
Our doctors are Board Certified in ophthalmology, and are familiar with cutting-edge techniques and technology. We use state-of-the-art equipment with every procedure, so we can promise safe, precise eye care.
New Jersey Eye Surgeons, Dr. Hitesh K. Patel and Dr. Himanshu S. Shah are committed to delivering personal, professional service throughout your LASIK procedure.
Our skilled eye doctors consider the following to be pivotal to exceptional patient care:
- Beginning with your first visit to our office, our eye doctors will thoroughly answer your questions and explain every step of your treatment.
- A doctor will perform your preoperative exam and surgical procedure.
- The same ophthalmologist will closely monitor your eyes during the months following your surgery, and remain an active part of your future vision care.
For our multilingual patients, our physicians also speak several languages, and are fluent in many Hindi dialects.
Whether you hope to achieve greater visual acuity or require management of a more complex vision condition, trust the ophthalmologists at Patel Eye Associates, where quality vision care is our top priority.
Book Your Consultation Today
Please contact our eye doctors in Edison, New Jersey online today or call 732.985.5009 to schedule your appointment. Patel Eye Associates is proud to serve clients in or near Edison and Kendall Park, New Jersey.